Many countries are facing an aging population worldwide including Singapore. This have resulted in many elderly living alone, thus resulting in social isolation. Flatworld hope to bridge this gap by helping the elderly stay mentally and socially engage through F2F and eldertainment systems.
1) The elderly’s children would be able to contact the elderly when they are lonely (ie. individuals calling from office to home or old folks home, or from home to isolation ward).
2) Our F2F & eldertainment devices can send pictures sharing past happy gatherings through the photo sharing function. A call can be made through face to face to further their conversation, thus helping the elderly to stay emotionally engaged, rather than living in isolation.
3) Through utilising our devices, we hope to help all elderly to live out their lives through meaningful engagement through different forms of functionalities.
Iris recognition is an automated method of biometric identification that uses mathematical pattern-recognition techniques on video images of one or both of the irises of an individual’s eyes, whose complex random patterns are unique, stable, and can be seen from some distance. It is currently the most secure form of biometric technology.
Not to be confused with retinal scanning which is an now obsolete technology, iris scanning uses a built in video camera to obtain images of the iris which are visible externally. Conceptually similar to that of fingerprints, the intricate structures of the iris in the image will then be used to compare with those stored in the database for authentication purposes.
The advantages of iris scanning are as such:
1) Owing to its position in the eye and the fact that it is protected by the cornea, it is not subjected to the same kind of wear and tear as fingerprints. Therefore, it is more recognisable than fingerprints and the failure rate is considerably lower.
2) Due to the many layers of textures in the iris that are formed during embryonic gestation, the iris is unique to each individual and hence it is near impossible for any false readings.
3) Contact with an external device (like a fingerprint reader) is not required, and hygiene levels can be maintained especially for places like hospitals or bio-medical plants where contactless devices are suitable to prevent the spreading of germs.
4) It can be read through clear spectacles and contact lenses as well.
Card Access has been a technology that has been prevalent in the security industry for more than 15 years now. It is possibly the most basic and direct form of access control for most premises.
With a proper card access control system in place, one can be safe in the knowledge that access is properly regulated for the premises, and at the same time can be complemented with other form of security systems like CCTV to provide a complete set of security solution.
When on the topic of security systems, CCTV surveillance is one of the most common features that comes to mind. Irrespective of residential homes, office spaces or large scale buildings, CCTV is now something that is very much a part of our everyday life. Our systems range from small scaled ones for small homes and offices, to big scaled systems for large buildings. We have solutions for all possible requirements, from analog cameras, IP cameras to even the current top of the range HD-SDI cameras.
Biometrics is a technology that has gained much recognition over the past few years. In general, its advantages over general card access technologies is that it prevents forging and duplicate entry due to the exclusive nature of fingerprints.
Not only can it be used as a form of access control, it is also very suitable as a form of time attendance management, being able to replace the old form of punch-card systems found in many offices.
We also have mobile units that can be used at places where electricity is not readily available. These units are portable and with them, you can monitor the movement of your employees with ease.
Below is an illustration on how we can use biometric readers for time attendance purposes while obtaining the attendance data remotely.